Being on the service desk as an apprentice Service Desk Engineer, you are our clients’ first point of contact when they are experiencing a technical issue they need resolving. You will be working alongside our team of engineers, some of whom have over 20 years of experience in the industry, so you need to be a team player, and support is always on hand to help you deal with tickets and to develop your skills at the same time. We expect you to have gaps in your knowledge, which we will help fill with mentoring and certified, fully-funded training.
As well as working with our other Service Desk Engineers, you may liaise with our Field Engineers when an issue requires on-site assistance to fix it. You will be working with our fantastic range of customers who span most industries; this means every call will be different and allow you to build upon your knowledge to progress further in your IT career.
As an Apprentice Service Desk Engineer, in summary, you will be:
• Providing remote / telephone technical assistance to a range of businesses
• Answering phone calls and dealing with incoming email tickets
• Working with end-user issues who use Microsoft environments
• Providing support for Microsoft 365
• Setting up new equipment for clients when they have new members of staff. A strong focus should be given to providing our clients with a high level of service and keeping them informed of the status of support tickets.
To identify any upgrades and enhancements that will benefit their business and increase overall productivity. Excellent telephone and communication skills are required because this support role is spent on the telephone.
Apprentice Service Desk Engineer Professional Qualities:
• Generate enthusiasm amongst team members and be a good team player.
• Proactively seek opportunities to build on existing skills.
• Acknowledge and appreciate each team member’s contributions.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify their needs and evaluate alternative business solutions in accordance with organisational objectives.
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
• Manage customer expectations effectively.
• Mentor those with less experience through formal and informal channels.
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
Whats on offer
• Salary of £22,000 – £24,000 DOE
• Fully funded apprenticeship training and industry-recognised certifications by BIT Training
• 28 days Holiday (including Bank Holidays), rising one day per year after five years of service
• Paid overtime opportunities • Regular social events paid for by the company
• Work from home two days a week (after three to six months
• Undertake the BIT Training CompTIA ICT Apprenticeship Programme
Diagnose faults, support, install, and maintain the following Microsoft Products:
Windows Server 2012/2016/2019/2022, Windows 10 & 11, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Office applications
• Support for the following features, services and roles: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RDS, IIS, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, OneDrive. • Install, update and support anti-virus solutions.
• Ongoing communication with customers regarding support requests.
• Install and configure routers, firewalls, servers, PC’s and Printers.
• Diagnose and repair network faults.
• Install and configure remote access/VPN solutions.
• Ensure your tickets are kept up-to-date with accurate information and relevant time entries.
• Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
• Adhere to the data protection act.
• Focus on maintaining effective customer service.
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
FOUNDED IN 1999, CUTEC created a company that would manage all aspects of a client’s IT requirements, removing the stress and worry this can entail, leaving business owners to get on with other parts of running their company.
A company that strives to be an organisation that communicates in plain English and not technical IT language. Cutec also wants to be a company that would be a trusted IT partner for clients who are knowledgeable, reliable, friendly, personal and importantly cost-effective.
Over 20 years later, Mark and Kris are still at the helm, and the company values have not changed! Cutec now has a fantastic team of dedicated staff who help clients, large and small, get the most out of their IT systems and investments. With over 20 years of experience helping local and national companies have hassle-free IT, but most importantly, Cutec still offers that personal level of service where you are a name and not just an account number.